Hey, do we love a good Wisconsin road trip! When hitting the open road north to Boulder Junction this fall, make sure to stop at your local The Store, for gas, food, and more! There is just something special about packing up your car, cranking up the tunes (or a podcast or audio book) and heading into the Great Outdoors. Picking up snacks from The Store saves time, giving you more time to plan your route, figure out what you want to see and do when you get there, and decide who your best navigator is. Luckily, The Store has lots of healthy, all-natural ready-to-eat snacks for your next trip!
We pulled together a list of all our favorite healthy (well, mostly) road trip snack ideas – most of what you will see here is grab-and-go friendly to help you quickly find some goodies for your next journey!
Fruit and Veggies
It’s easy to become boredom snackers on road trips, so fruits and veggies are where it’s at! Any fruit or veggie will do, but we recommend sticking with ones that are a bit less messy and don’t bruise easily. Try to skip any produce that might stain if you drop it, because…well, we’ve all been there. Here are some of our favorites:
- Clementine’s: they make the car smell amazing!
- Oh Snap!: Cool Beans, Pretty Peas, Dilly Bites, Hottie Bites, Sassy Bites, Carrot Cuties
- Pack some dippers and give those veggies some zest! The Store carries small cups of Guacamole, which goes great with veggies AND chips!
And if you prefer getting your fruits and veggies in a different way, there are plenty of options like:
- Simply Smoothies
- Fruit Snacks
- Squeezable Mott’s Applesauce
The key to road trip satisfaction? Protein! Nothing helps beat that hungry feeling like protein, and there are plenty of tasty ways to curb your cravings:
- Chobani Yogurt
- Cattleman’s Cut jerky: all Impact Rewards+ members can buy 4 bags and get 1 free!
- Skinny Dipped Almonds
- A variety of Planters Trail mix
- A variety of Cheeses
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Energy/granola bars
There comes a time on each road trip where everyone just has a craving for their favorite guilty pleasure! Salty or sweet, we’ve got you covered. Of course, we have all the best candy bars, chips, and snack mixes, but you might also want to pick up:
- Keebler: Cheese & Peanut Butter, Toast & Peanut Butter, Club & Cheddar, Cheese & Cheddar, Pepper Jack Cracker Sandwiches
- Ritz: Cheese, Peanut Butter Cracker Sandwich
- Hersey’s Dark Chocolate Bar
- Welch’s Fruit Snacks
- David’s Muffins
- David’s Cookies
What’s a road trip without fun drinks? We’re all about road trip sippin’. It means we will be making pit stops more often, but that’s okay. Stretching your legs gives us something to look forward to. Don’t deny your health – drink up!
- Coconut Water
- Juice Boxes/Bug Juice
- Soda: Coca-Cola products & Pepsi products
- Coffee Drinks: The Store Coffee, Starbucks Frappuccino
Do not forget the basics!
It’s not all about snacks. Be prepared for anything by making sure you’re fully stocked with paper towels, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, and utensils with you. We also always recommend packing a few large, gallon-size zip top bags and plastic grocery bags which can work as trash bags and save your footwells from wear and tear.
What are your must-have road trip supplies when you’re heading across Wisconsin? Chime in with your favorites in the comments! Travel safe, and happy snacking!