Summer is almost here and that means more backyard grilling will be sizzling. This is the perfect time to break out your meat, shake out your “Kiss the Cook” apron, and take advantage of your backyard while you enjoy meals outside with your family and friends.
Wisconsin winters are long, so we understand if it’s been a while. Time to take stock and make sure you have everything you need for a solid weekend cookout!
- You will first need a grill (of course!)– either propane or charcoal and wood pellets.
- Everyone has their preference – there’s no wrong grill
- Don’t skimp on quality! You’ll taste the difference.
- Then you need to gather your grilling tools:
- Metal Spatula and tongs
- Aluminum foil
- Wire brush for cleaning up
- For easy clean up, use disposable plates, cups, silverware and tablecloths:
- Display food using serving platters, bowls, and silverware
- Have a garbage bag or can handy for you and your guests
- Keep the menu simple and stick to something that everyone will enjoy
- Hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwurst, etc.
- Noodle or potato salad
- Fruit and vegetables
- Chips and salsa
- Don’t forget the buns!
- Drinks! Make sure to stop at your local The Store for ice and plenty of drinks!
- Water, soda, juice, lemonade, beer, wine, etc.
- A big cooler with ice
- Entertainment – light music, outdoor yard games, or a fire.
- If you have a friend with a guitar, DON’T invite them
- Sorry Jordan
- But seriously, we’re done with “Wonderwall”
- Bug repellent – pick up some bug spray while you’re at The Store next time!
While we don’t sell grills at The Store, we’re happy to report that we do sell most of the rest of the food and accessories you’ll need for a great cookout!
From brats & buns to beer & ice, we’ve got you covered. Now that you know the 7 essential categories you need for a successful cookout, are you ready to get the grill going?
And let us know when we should show up with the marshmallow fluff!