The lights are sparkling. The weather is chilly. The pine scent of freshly cut trees hangs in the air.
It’s official – the holidays are here! While the holidays are a bright and happy season for many, it can be a challenging time for those in need. Which makes it all the more important that we help spread that holiday cheer, not just with friends and family, but with everyone throughout our community!
Here’s another sign of the season you might be familiar with: The sound of a ringing bell outside your favorite community store, a smiling face, and a red kettle. This iconic sight is the telltale sign of the Salvation Army’s Red Kettle Campaign, which has been a holiday tradition of giving across the country for more than a century.
Like The Salvation Army, we at The Store love to give back during this season of giving. For the past nine years, we’ve put our own spin on the Red Kettle Campaign. When you stop at The Store throughout the holiday season, you will find brightly colored paper kettles at each of our many conveniently-located locations. These little red kettle papers, and the names that adorn them, represent the wonderful generosity of the communities we serve.
Here’s how our Red Kettle Campaign works:
- When you visit The Store during the holiday season, you have the opportunity to purchase a red kettle for $1, $5, or $10—whichever amount you’re most comfortable with.
- After purchasing a kettle, you get to add your name to it. We then decorate our stores with your generosity! Throughout the holiday season, your support will bring festive cheer to everyone who steps into any location of The Store..
- 100% of the money raised from your red kettle is then donated to the local The Salvation Army in your area. Yup—all the proceeds stay local! While every local center operates a little differently and focuses on different needs, here are some of the causes your local Salvation Army supports:
- Providing shelter
- Supplying food
- Supporting veterans
- Educating children
- Helping disaster survivors
- Battling human trafficking
- Fighting to prevent domestic abuse
The Store has been supporting and promoting the Paper Kettle Campaign since 2013 and we see no reason to slow down now! With the generosity and support of our communities, we’ve collectively raised and donated over $130,000 since our first paper kettle campaign almost a decade ago.
The 2021 paper kettle campaign is happening now through December 25th, . We hope the next time you stop in, you’ll consider contributing to this community-driven cause and help boost the spirits of those who need it most this holiday season.
Also consider volunteering by ringing bells at a local business in your area. To sign up or find out more information visit to registertoring.com